Malawi's Safety Highlights
"Malawi's Safety Highlights"
- Dwangwa’s agriculture division achieved 10.745 million injury-free manhours for the 12-month period to September 2013.
- Thousands of people converged on Dwangwa’s Chitowe stadium on 4 May 2013 to commemorate the World Day for Safety and Health, themed “The prevention of occupational diseases”.
- On 27 May 2013 the services section at Nchalo celebrated three years (April 2010 to March 2013) without a disabling injury. Each employee was given a branded T-shirt. The welding bay section was crowned 2012 SHE Champions.
- The first lifeline for people working at a height was installed at Nchalo’s Area 1 fertiliser shed.
- Nchalo Estate appointed nine safety supervisors for its agriculture department, one attached to each Area.